About Me

Sheffield, United Kingdom

Thursday 17 February 2011

Rob Ryan

Although Rob Ryan works on various aspects of design as well as paper manipulation/laser cutting I felt that this was the only area relevant to look at for this project. I looked at him briefly when looking at tree's and deciding whether they were the path I wanted to take. I feel that using his technique would have created a much more aesthetic and appealing piece compared to techniques similar to that of Richard Sweeney due to the ability for accuracy and detail.

As I had decided to focus on 'organic' and 'natural' shapes I felt the 2 pieces below, although quite similar are most appropriate to my research.


CAGED LOVERS, 2010



WINDY TREE, 2008


In a very different way to the work of Richard Sweeney, which I would describe as organic and flowing, this different approach also captures the same ideals. The shapes created flow very nicely and the pieces feel as though they are almost growing and expanding. The use of the colour green here is also important to the feel of 'organic' I feel. 


No comments:

Post a Comment