About Me

Sheffield, United Kingdom

Wednesday 2 February 2011

Initial Ideas

After having began to experiment with a variety of paper manipulation techniques, I felt it was time to go 'back to the drawing board' so to speak and begin by looking at images, playing with media and planning possible sculptures rather than hoping for a lucky accident through trial and error. Although I am still fond of this technique as you never know quite what you might end up with, a bit more structure to the process will hopefully encourage more meaningful and skilled pieces of work. 

Here are the beginnings of some sketch book pages as I begin to experiment with charcoal to create shapes which represent the images I have chosen to create. The loose willow charcoal allowed me to create sweeping, vague shapes which manage to create an almost 3D image of the paper itself; showing possible folds, creases and ideal joining places.

SHELL INSPIRATION..


 FEATHER INSPIRATION..


I have also began to use and develop this idea for the other 3 organic subjects I have chose to focus on.



No comments:

Post a Comment