About Me

Sheffield, United Kingdom

Tuesday 1 March 2011

Thinking about colour..

After looking at several designers that work with paper, I have decided that I would like to look briefly at colour and see how I can incorporate it into my final piece. After looking at my existing pieces I felt that I wanted to look at layering colour and the possibility of having shells inside each other.. the colour of the shell getting darker the further into the centre you get. 

First, I looked at just creating a shell shape, using my earlier techniques, but with orange paper rather than white. It creates a new dynamic and I found it interesting to see the colour coming through, especially as my other photographs were in monochrome as I was focussing solely on the shapes and shadows...


I found that the orange colours creates a much warmer shape, however felt that they looked slightly like decorations rather than sculptures.


I felt that the strips were too thick and not very delicate so thinned them out by adding an extra slit between each existing slit...


I then recreated one of my earlier ideas, with the simple vertical strips on a white A4 piece of paper, creating much thinner strips that previous, I hoped this would allow a more skeletal structure enabling the audience to see the internal structure...


Once I had created the white shape I inserted the orange shell, which has an identical net but is half the size. On the photographs the image is less appealing however when observing the build up of layers is much more magnificent.


The internal view created is very organic and unusual. I found it very enticing and interesting to look at. this could work with a further build up of layers? Something I'd like to try next..







No comments:

Post a Comment