About Me

Sheffield, United Kingdom

Tuesday 8 March 2011

Further Poster Experimentation

I began looking at different exercises I had practiced over the past month or so, looking into which ideas show paper in a form which is very unusual. One piece which I found intriguing to create was the pleated shape which created a very 3D shape.  I was amazed that this was able to be created out of simply a folded sheet of paper, and even more amazed I managed to create it myself! I decided to apply this onto Task 2's brief to see what outcomes I could create...


I used a Nixon D60 which I borrowed and created a mini studio to take some photographs of a new piece I created based on the old pleating technique we had been taught, I tried to use crisper edges and make it much neater than the previous attempt. Here are a few of my favourite/most relevant photographs I took.


 


I felt that the top right and bottom left were the most intriguing as they show an upwards direction which suggests the business is thriving and will continue to do so. However the other photos could make a more simple, direct background image which I feel would suit GF Smith Paper's image more accurately as they take a more minimalistic simple approach to their existing graphic elements (posters, samples packs etc.)

After experimenting with a couple of the other photographs, which I didn't have an outcome that I was happy with I moved onto the simple background idea I previously had. I found immediately it created a much more minimalistic, clean cut approach due to the horizontal/vertical flow and the absence of unusual angles etc. I much preferred this idea and chose to develop it further...


I began by cropping the photographs into a more suitable image and simply looking at applying all the pieces of vital information, I found a layout which I felt was strong and then began to apply colour and other treatments such as changing the opacity of the fonts on Adobe Photoshop. Here are a few of my favourite results:



I think that the one on the right hand side is my favourite, I really like the strength of the red and the white together, I could incorporate blue to create a more British feel if this was a design which I decided to take further? I am worried if the writing in the bottom right is difficult to read however?


No comments:

Post a Comment