About Me

Sheffield, United Kingdom

Tuesday 8 March 2011

Further Poster Development/Task 2 Final Piece

After looking at other images and layouts, I decided I really like the idea of the red textured background with the left aligned text. I decided to further develop it by changing some colours and some layout aspects. One of the layouts really caught my eye and I think I have found my final piece! 

As you can see below, I began to experiment with the use of blue to create a more patriotic theme which I have noticed runs through their website and also some of their promotional work. I also experimented with a less structured layout, moving around the '100'. The '100' I feel is the most significant aspect of the poster, as this is the reason for the celebration... I feel it is important that it is bold and clear yet not too over powering.

 

       

From these pieces I feel I have found the piece which I would like to use as my final piece (bottom left.) Although I would have quite liked to incorporate a blue colour into the poster I didn't feel it worked as well as I had hoped it to and therefore decided not to include it.

I feel the use of only one colour (red) and white creates a very 'minimalistic' approach and creates a very clean cut, to the point poster, however the use of text and image creates a feel of celebration. Occasionally I am unsure if the '100' looks too large in proportion however I feel it is important that it is large, obvious and the main focal point of the poster...

Final Poster Design:





No comments:

Post a Comment