About Me

Sheffield, United Kingdom

Tuesday 8 March 2011

GF Smith Package/Type

I emailed GFSmith Paper asking for a sample of some of their paper types to assist me in my project, to my surprise I received a package containing just that!


 

However, although the paper gave me an insight into the company and the types/uses of the paper they sold the sizes meant that I wouldn't be able to incorporate them into my work, and buying several sheets would take too long!

After looking at the material I had been sent I decided to look at appropriate fonts to use. I felt that a simple sans serif would be most appropriate to keep in with the minimalistic, modern/contemporary style of GFSmith's website etc.


After researching many different Sans Serif, medium weight type faces, I settled on the well known, extremely common Arial typeface. The reason I have chosen this font is because it is similar to that already used by the company across all of their business promotions e.g website etc. I also feel it fits in well with the feel of the business, they use a minimalistic approach to their website and packaging which I feel it is important to reflect in the celebratory poster.


No comments:

Post a Comment